Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 19:01:40 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Jason Funk <jason@lsholdings.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ext2fs

On Friday, 15 December 2000 at  0:26:15 -0800, Jason Funk wrote:

> Can someone please tell me where I can get the kernel module I need to
> mount a Linux Ext2fs filesystem (ext2fs.ko ?).

Sorry, we don't have ext2fs as a loadable module yet.  You need to
build the kernel with ext2fs support.  Add the following to the kernel
configuration file:

options 	EXT2FS

> I would appreciate it, since I have failed in all attempts to search
> the FTP site and the web site.

You don't need to search with FreeBSD.  The system is complete.  If
you don't find it in the system, it's not available, except possibly
in the -CURRENT branch, which is for developers only.  In this case,
though, there's no ext2fs module in -CURRENT either.

Greg
If you don't, I may ignore the reply.