Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:29:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      wildcardus freakis <wildcard@dax.belen.k12.nm.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rc.conf in 3.1

Hiya!

	I was about to start setting up my firewall stuff in rc.conf like
used to in the older versions of FreeBSD and to my suprise rc.conf is now
like only 30 lines long vs. the old rc.conf which was about 5 pages long.
Where did you freebsd devel guys stick all the options that were in older
ver. or rc.conf?  Do I still stick my aliases in rc.conf or
/etc/default/rc.conf?

Weirdness...everytime I go into 3.1 I don't get that warm fuzzy feeling, I
get cold hard unfamiliar OS's, I suppose I will get used to it but some
origional core files are no longer located in the ones that I am used to.

Ta <much confusion>
Sasha

www.geekcode.com

This is the way the world ends