Date:      Sun, 21 Nov 1999 10:55:04 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        atrn@zeta.org.au
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Video Stupidity

Actually, as I recall, Sony was said to have ONE -- count it --
ONE recording Walkman. But the only references I could find to
it said that it was priced at something like 5x the cost of a
player -- even though the cost of adding recording was obviously
nowhere near that. So, no one carried it.

Sony had -- and has -- a vested interest in discouraging anyone
from buying a device that can record music without copy protection,
and this is one way they try to enforce it.

--Brett