Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 05:48:03 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Eugeny Kuzakov <CoreDumped@CoreDumped.null.ru>
To:        kibbet <kibbet@knfpub.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: 3.4R*onboard aic aic7870 on acer altos 7000v

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, kibbet wrote:

> >From my 4.0-STABLE LINT file (v 1.749.2.4) it appears cx devices
> are supported, though, I don't have one therefore I haven't
> compiled support for it;
>
> # cx: Cronyx/Sigma multiport sync/async (with Cisco or PPP framing)
Yes. Some driver present in distribution. Butthis driver does not works in
reality. Vendors driver supports =<3.4R. cx driver in 4R supported by fbsd
developers only for success compile kernel :(

> Also looks like AIC7xxx devices are supported (from my 3.2 and 4.0 LINT file);
>
> device          ahc             # AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices
> So, recompile your kernel with the above device line, and things should
> be happy.  (You may need "device pci" as well)

ahc by default compiled into kernel.GENERIC, that placed on installation
diskettes. I know that it should works. But I haven' success. I am not so
understand.

> Don't forget: LINT is our friend. :)
yes,yes...:)
There is main problem of linuxoids -- they has not LINT. :)

				Eugeny.