Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 15:40:06 -0800
From:      Jim Mock <jim@luna.cdrom.com>
To:        James Howard <howardjp@wam.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: We need more books!

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 at 17:01:32 -0500, James Howard wrote:
[snip..]

> On another vein, O'Reilly has contuned to disappoint me by not
> publishing a "FreeBSD in a Nutshell."

I just wanted to make a quick note on this.  As far as I know, and the
last I heard anything about it, O'Reilly was/is interested in doing a
FreeBSD in a Nutshell book, but the reason it hasn't been published is
because no one has written it :-)

There are also a few other (4 or 5 IIRC) FreeBSD books being worked on
by various people.

> Would Walnut Creek take on such a project?

I can't give a yes or no answer here, but we would still need someone to
write the book whether it was us (WC) or O'Reilly doing it.

> On a semi-related note, I once heard about a future magazine called
> "BSD Journal" or something in the works.  What ever became of that?

I'm not sure what happened with this.. it seemed to have disappeared off
the face of the earth..

- jim

--
- jim mock - walnut creek cdrom/freebsd test labs - jim@luna.cdrom.com -