Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 1999 11:01:24 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Michael Kenneth Henry" <mhenry@black.ug.cs.usyd.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some suggestions please.

> 	Ok - I have makeworld.com online - My intensions (With God' help)
> is to maybe provide support for Free, Net and Open on this site.
>
> 	I'm very new to this - I am willing to devote as much time as
> needed (I want to make this work).

I think we (the FreeBSD community) need to co-operate more on our
advocacy sites. If everyone ploughs ahead and makes an advocacy
site, we will not get the most "value for money".

We currently have daily.daemonnews.org and freebsd.tesserae.com doing
basically the same thing. (ie. Slashdot-like news sites).

I'm not sure the market exists for yet another advocacy site. You say
it will "provide support"; does this mean something like freebsd.peon.net?

> 	FreeBSD *is* and *always* will be the main focus, but I thought
> supporting the other less-known would help all around.

This is a good idea. (Although I wouldn't call them "less-known". If there
were any advocates of Net or OpenBSD around you might start a flame war :) ).