Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 11:24:05 -0500
From:      "Jason Cropper" <jason@clearsail.net>
To:        "Greg Quinlan" <greg@qmpgmc.ac.uk>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 40 x, ATAPI CD-ROM, not detected!

We have the exact same problem with a Memorex CDROM.  We are not able to
install 3.1 Release at this time.  If you find a solution, please pass it
our way.  We've tried exchanging IDE cables, moving the jumper from MASTER
to CSEL, and swapping the drive with another mfg.  I'm pulling my hair out.
We are using an AOPEN 6b+ motherboard, but I have the same motherboard in 11
other servers and they are fine.

Jason Cropper
CTO
ClearSail Communications