Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2018 20:23:43 -0400
From:      Anton Yuzhaninov <citrin+bsd@citrin.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mailman 3 on FreeBSD

On 10/31/18 6:07 AM, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> Is there anyone running Mailman 3 on FreeBSD?
>
> I've been struggling with this for a long while. I need to find advise on
> how to run the various services on FreeBSD after installation - control
> scripts for rc.d/

I've tried to setup mailman3 and almost did it, but:
- it was very tedious
- I encountered some problems which looked like bugs (somewhere in numerous
python modules for mailman3)

I sought that even if I'll get mailman3 up and running it will require a lot
of effort to maintain it and decided to use mailman2 instead. I'm happy with
mailman2 so far and compare to mailman3 it was easy to setup and configure.

There is a patch for main mailman3 port: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D14126
but AFAIK there are no ports for other components (HyperKitty, postorius).

This patch contain rc.d script for mailman3 core. For web components I've used
uwsgi (uwsgi-py36 package) - it has it's own startup script.

If you familiar with Ansible I can share my unfinished Ansible roles for mailman3.