Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:17:50 +0100
From:      Josef El-Rayes <j.el-rayes@daemon.li>
To:        Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Redirecting the "Send a bug report" link to the article on filing PRs

Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> Perhaps the front page could do with a bit of cleanup, like you mentioned.

i agree here, it is really a bit too much of information and links
on the frontpage. in my opinion we should try to reduce the number
of links on the left and right columns. do we really need all of them?

what if we just link News, Software, Documentation and so on, which
are itself subfrontpages with some introduction and then further
references to these parts of the homepage.

imho the introductionary words on the homepage, is also a bit
too much. i would reduce it to "what is freebsd" and a summary
of the other points. the included links in the text give the
opportunity to acheive more information where/when
the visitor wants too.

> I've been tossing around the idea of adding a technologies menu, and
> then listing some of the ports (ports as in ia64, etc) below it.
if i have not missunderstood releng, the "production release"
block will vanish soon, then there would be some free space
which could be used for these ports.

> Perhaps I'll whip up a replacement and send out a patch, see what
> everyone else thinks of it.  Sound reasonable?

i am looking forward to see your patch :)

greets, josef