Date:      Sat, 8 May 1999 03:23:55 -0700
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ken Thompson clarifies to ESR

On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 02:20:19PM +0530, Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:
> http://linuxtoday.com/stories/5722.html
>
> "i think the open software movement (and linux in particular)
> is laudable."
>
> "... it is naive to think that linux has a hope of making a dent
> against microsoft starting from way behind with a fraction of the
> resources and amateur labor. (i feel the same about unix.)"
>
> "...the linux community is a lot nicer than the unix community.
> a negative comment on unix would warrant death threats. with
> linux, it is like stirring up a nest of butterflies."

	Ken Thompson is awesome -- he is now in my .sig also ;) The
coolest part: linux folks can't really argue with Thompson since he
is _THE UNIX_ himself ;)

-- Yan

"My experience and some of my friends' experience is that Linux is quite
unreliable. Microsoft is really unreliable but Linux is worse. In a non-PC
environment, it just won't hold up. If you're using it on a single box,
that's one thing. But if you want to use Linux in firewalls, gateways,
embedded systems, and so on, it has a long way to go." - Ken Thompson