Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 1999 16:37:56 -0700
From:      D Tougas <dtougas@converging.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How do I find where an IP address is from?

Hello,

I am tring to write a script (maybe there is one that already does this...)
that takes the IP addresses from an apache log file and checks to see
what parts of the world people are browsing from. I can use nslookup
to find out what domain an IP address belongs to, but it seems that
whois no longer gives much information of any value. I would like some
way to find out what country an IP address or domain name is from, and
it has to be easy enough to put into a script. Can anyone help me out
with this, is there some utility that I am missing?

Thanks for your help.

--
Damien Tougas
Converging Technology Solutions, Inc.