Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:45:50 -0800
From:      Beech Rintoul <akbeech@sinbad.net>
To:        David Kramer <david@thekramers.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I hate to bring it up again (spamming)

On Tuesday 25 June 2002 01:09 pm, David Kramer wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, ro0t wrote:
> > Well like i said, i thought at first it was someone being a real idiot.
> > Which i have no sympathy for. Then the last guy who emailed us
> > enlightened me and made me think further of how he could be the victim
> > also. It makes much sense. Im not attacking anyone. I just was upset
> > because everything that is a good thing nowadays seems to get ruined by a
> > ten year old with too much time on his hands. Anyhow im done discussing
> > this its bull*hit. Anybody need help on _FreeBSD_ =] And i apologize for
> > jumping the gun, without fully thinking out the situation.
>
> A coupla things.
>
> -You posted easily six or so messages today complaining about the guy.
> How is that helping your fellow FreeBSD user?
>
> -It looks to me like you are taking messages that people have sent you in
> private (based on the header and the lack of the original post showing up
> on the list) and responding on the list, complete with the private mail
> contents.  This is a blatant netiquette violation.  If someone sent you
> something in private, it should stay that way.
>
> -"Never attribute to malice that which can more easily be attributed to
> incompetence" (unknown).  Edwin Renders is clearly a newbie at best, and a
> luser at worst.  Either way, he probably doesn't check his mail more than
> a few times a week.  He could be sipping pina coladas by the poolside
> ignorant that all this is happening because he's got cablemodem or DSL
> access, and his machine is always connected whether he's there or not.
>
> -Even if he was doing it on purpose, responding to someone like that just
> makes them do it more.
>
> As a side comment, even without Edwin, I've never been on a technical list
> that got so much spam.

> DDDD   David Kramer                           http://thekramers.net

Well luser, newbie or just plain stupid, why don't the admins here block his
IP till he gets a clue?

Just my .02

Beech
      Beech Rintoul - SysAdmin - akbeech@sinbad.net
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Sinbad Network Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 3101 Penland Parkway #K-38
 X  - NO Word docs in e-mail | Anchorage, AK 99508-1957