Date:      Fri, 05 Mar 1999 16:05:22 +0000
From:      Erik Umenofer <eriku@silcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X apps and Networks

Hi. I have been having problems with netscape and other X11 apps. These
apps take forever to load. This only happens when a certain machine at
my isp is down, the one that hosts my domain.

My machine is named firebelly.net, but since i'm on dialup my friend
hosts eerything.

When his machine is up netscape orks fine, when he is down, netscape
takes a minute before loading (kinda the time it takes to realize a
domain is down..like something is timeing out)

What can I do to my system so apps aren't dependent on this other
machine

It's not resolv.conf. I've changed that around amny times and nothign.