Date:      Sat, 14 Apr 2007 11:07:56 -0500
From:      Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Samba and mountd spin

I recently removed a lot (!!!) of packages from my 6.2-STABLE system =20
as I no longer wanted to use it for a desktop, but still wanted it to =20=

be my home server.  When I rebooted it yesterday for nonrelated =20
reasons, it hung on the Samba startup.  Further testing shows that =20
whenever I try to run it's rc.d script, smbd and mountd fight for =20
100% of the CPU.

Honestly, I don't have any idea where to even start looking for this =20
problem.  I'm currently running "portupgrade -Rf samba" just in case =20
I inadvertently removed some critical library, but is there anything =20
else I might look for?=CE

Kirk Strauser