Date:      Fri, 3 Feb 2006 03:13:37 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Alex Zbyslaw" <xfb52@dial.pipex.com>, <roy2098@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Compaq Proliant DL360 Quantum DLT4000 Tape Drive

Compaq had a lot of problems getting the windows ida driver to work
with tape drives, as a matter of fact, and still won't guarentee it
unless it's a compaq tape drive that was specifically sold with the
server originally.

We have lots of Compaq servers with tape drives, none of the tape
drives are on the array cards, all of them are on separate scsi
cards or are on the on-motherboard scsi adapter (not the raid adapter)

Ted