Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 1997 01:18:17 +1100 (EST)
From:      Richard Lyon <rlyon@ozemail.com.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk>, Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>, Mark Mayo <mark@quickweb.com>, hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install to second hard-drive...

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> Well, my own experience with 2.1.7 and the following configuration:
>
> 	Generic 486 blah blah
> 	2 IDE HDs
> 	1 AHA 1542 w/HD + CDROM

With 2.1.5 and the following configuration:

	Generic 486
	1 IDE HD
	1 AHA 1542 w/HD + CDROM

	FBSD is on the IDE drive and NT4 is on the SCSI drive.

BOOTEASY sees both drives, but of course you can only boot of the first
drive because of the limitations of BIOS and the 1542.

I use BIOS to switch between NT and FBSD. I always want to be absolutely
certain that nothing NT can touch FBSD and vice versa.

The current rumour is that a certain NT defragmenter does a lot more than
defrag drives (Ref. OP. Alice).

Regards ...