Date:      Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:29:11 +0200
From:      Aleksandr Rybalko <ray@dlink.ua>
To:        Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Aleksandr Rybalko <ray@ddteam.net>, "Sergey V. Dyatko" <sergey.dyatko@gmail.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-mips@freebsd.org, Adrian
Subject:   Re: [CFR]RT305xF support, w/o attachment

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 07:04:22 +0100
Bernhard Schmidt <bschmidt@freebsd.org> wrote:

>> On Monday 21 March 2011 00:16:01 Aleksandr Rybalko wrote:

>> > Off-course I can, but seems better name will be rtw or rtn, because we
>> > already have if_rt (for RT3052 ether) which have iface name "rt".
>> >
>> > I think "rtn" is best.
>> >
>> > Maybe someone have better?
>>
>> rtw is a name for a Realtek driver.
Realtek driver called urtw, but I agree with you to avoid confusion.

>> I'd prefer if can keep this driver in sync with the OpenBSD one where
>> it is clearly derived from. So, rt28xx and rt30xx support has to be an
>> extension to ral(4). That shouldn't be to hard to do, just throw in the
>> code into dev/ral/ and hook it to the pci/ops code.
This driver closer to USB run(4), but this use USB and difference still big.

In future, not so closer, I will try to join run, ral and my rt2860. But there is too much work and I need to find time for it.

>> --
>> Bernhard

So for now, best name is "rtn".

If no objections, I send updated patch with new name.

Thank you Bernhard!

WBW
--
Alexandr Rybalko <ray@dlink.ua>