Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:00:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BIND NXT Bug Vulnerability

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Mitch Collinsworth wrote:
> Dan Busarow wrote:
> >You could also edit src/port/freebsd/Makefile.set and change
> >DESTETC to suit.
>
> Does DESTETC really control this?  I was poking around looking for
> why it was looking in /etc rather than /etc/namedb and found this.
> Then I looked back at my 8.1.2 install which was from the ports and
> defaults to /etc/namedb and DESTETC was set to /etc there as well.

Don't know for sure, the port may change it in pathtemplate.h
But INSTALL claims that setting DESTETC is the way to do it.

> Oddly, the default ISC install creates an /etc/namedb/named.conf,
> but the named it creates looks for /etc/named.conf.  Weird.

Odd, didn't for me when I installed it, my named.conf isn't actually
in /etc/namedb so it should have if it wanted to.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com