Date:      Mon, 27 Jun 2016 22:42:24 +0200
From:      Mateusz Piotrowski <0mp@FreeBSD.org>
To:        soc-status@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Week 5 / Non-BSM to BSM Conversion Tools /

Hi,

This week I=E2=80=99ve finally finished my exams and had some time to =
focus on my project.

I=E2=80=99ve started to implement a tool / library which will parse =
Linux Audit logs and convert them to a BSM log file.

For the time being I do not focus on any mapping between the Linux Audit =
format and the BSM format.

A Linux Audit log is made of events. An event is made of records. A =
record is made of a type, a timestamp, an id and some other records =
fields. A BSM record (which is made of tokens) is more or less a Linux =
Audit event. Most of the information stored in the Linux Audit event=E2=80=
=99s records can be more or less translated to tokens in a BSM record. =
At the moment I am not implement the conversion from Linux Audit records =
to BSM tokens; the records are parsed and the data is stored inside the =
BSM text tokens. I plan to finish this part during the following week.=20=

You can check out my latest branch: [2].

My main branch is here: [1].

Cheers!

-Mateusz

PS https://media.giphy.com/media/wJEeKGplvQwr6/giphy.gif =