Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2002 01:48:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tony Saign <tony@saign.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   WaveLAN configuration

----------1011347326

I am having trouble with a WaveLAN card.

I've read wi wicontrol ifconfig man pages, but none of them say anything about how/where to permanently set the wireless configuration.

I've been manually running a script when I login, but it is pretty inconsistent. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I've been having to manually run dhclient a few times to get it to lease an address.

Can I alter one of the conf files to include this information??

The main problem seems to be that the card initializes after the login: prompt

Thanks in advance,
-Tony
(p.s. thanks for the video/sound tips, they are both working great now!)