Date:      Mon, 4 May 2009 21:18:34 +0700
From:      Old Crankbuster <crankbuster@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Questions about groups.

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

Coming from Gnu/Linux, I see differences in group generation on regular
user generation, and there's a group I'm not familiar with - 'operator'.

What does that one do?

I'm familiar with 'staff' and I've added my normal user to that, and of
course 'wheel'.

I intend to use the system on a laptop in this case, and need to enable
regular user access to audio, cdrom/dvd read and write, usb access, and
network reconfiguration/dialout, games and so forth.

I am not seeing such things as plugdev,audio,cdrom in etc/group after
initial install.

Do I need to manually add such groups and then point relevant packages
to them?

Thanks,

--=20
Cheers