Date:      Wed, 25 Oct 2017 10:07:32 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Trond_Endrest=F8l?= <Trond.Endrestol@fagskolen.gjovik.no>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Routing problem

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:54-0400, Efren Bravo wrote:

> @Ian Smith: gateway_enable="YES" I wrote ok, was my mistake when I copy it
> into the email and sysctl net.inet.ip.forwarding=1. thanks
>
> @Trond Endrestol
>
> I didn't know about all those NATs (NAT44, NAT444, NAT64, etc), when I
> installed a fw box 10 years ago they didn't exist, I think, because I
> followed the same config and it worked. Now, the question is, how to make
> it work?

NAT(44) has been around for more than 20 years, and is partially
responsible for delaying the deployment of IPv6.

Read Section 29.5 on ipf (ipfilter) in the Handbook:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls-ipf.html

Subsection 29.5.4 says how to configure NAT(44).

--
Trond.