Date:      Sun, 09 Aug 2009 19:01:44 -0500
From:      CyberLeo Kitsana <cyberleo@cyberleo.net>
To:        Stefan Miklosovic <miklosovic.freebsd@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vsftpd with ssl - compile option

Stefan Miklosovic wrote:
> hi,
>
> I would like to use vsftpd with ssl support.
> If I install it from ports, there is an option to
> compile it against ssl librarie(s) (VSFTPD_SSL)
> If I download it by pkg_fetch and extract the package
> and use ldd on vsftpd in libexec directory,
> there is no ssl library, in complied way, there are some.
>
>         libssl.so.5 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.5 (0x280b0000)
>         libcrypto.so.5 => /lib/libcrypto.so.5 (0x280f1000)
>
> I would like to use that program on other computer, but there
> is not port tree and installing of port tree is really not an option.

Build it as you want it on another machine using ports, then run on that
build machine:

pkg_create -b -R <name from pkg_info>

This will turn the selected install (and all its dependencies, with the
-R flag) into tbz packages in the current directory suitable for pkg_add
on the target machine.

If there are any missing dependencies on the target machine, pkg_add
will try to load them from the same directory from which you are adding
the main package. If they do not exist, it will most likely fail, so you
will likely want to copy over everything that pkg_create spits out,
unless you know it's already installed and up to date on your target.

--
Fuzzy love,
-CyberLeo

Furry Peace! - http://wwww.fur.com/peace/