Date:      Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:20:05 -0400
From:      Dan Flemming <danflemming@mac.com>
To:        Lars Eighner <eighner@io.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: matcd - how to make it work

Lars Eighner wrote:

> I have not been able to get matcd to work since 2.x.

I have a CR-562 running under the matcd driver quite happily... in
3.4-RELEASE. No amount of voodoo could persuade it to work under 4.0-RELEASE.

Which is why I downgraded.

> I have a Reveal kit CD drive connected through a sound card.
>
> Why can't I mount this drive?

What was the last version of FBSD to mount, and the first version to refuse?

Everyone I've talked to says matcd works in 3.x, and requires mystical
voodoo in 4.x, if it works at all.