Date:      Thu, 16 Mar 2006 08:15:50 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad Z60M

> Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 01:54:00 +1100
> From: Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
>
> hi there,
> looking into this laptop - i wanted to know if these components are
> supported (and whether there are any caveats):
>
> - wireless card: Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG ( is this the iwi driver
> too?)

Atheros. Mine works very well (in a T43). Add if_ath_load to
/boot/loader.conf.

> - Video card: 128MB ATI RADEON X600

No problems unless you use DRI. I believe the support for this is still
in progress. You probably want to install radeontool and add it to your
rc.suspend and rc.resume scripts.

Something like:
if [ -x /usr/local/bin/radeontool ]; then
    /usr/local/bin/radeontool light off
    /usr/local/bin/radeontool dac off
fi

You may want to run the DAC off when running on battery, too, to save a
little power.

Also, put acpi_ibm_load into /boo/loader.conf and take a look at 'sysctl
dev.acpi_ibm'.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)