Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:06:49 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        tony@valemount.com
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, andrew@unfortu.net
Subject:   Re: PCI -> PCMCIA Adapter woes - patch

In message: <0f5001c23287$1a948530$114c35d1@tonyxp>
            "Tony Toole" <tony@valemount.com> writes:
: Here is my patch to solve the problem you are having.  It works very well,
: and you can use regular PCI IRQ routing with no /boot/loader.conf tweaks
: needed.  NEWCARD also had the same problem, so this patch with subtle
: changes should fix it as well.
:
: I have included the patch as an attachment as email tends to mangle them.

First off, the IRQMUX register is 12xx and newer.  The documentation
for the MUX register indicates that it should be programmed once by
the eeprom that's on the board.  Chances are that this is a workaround
for a bug in the card in question.

However, a reasonable thing to do would likely be to do this if the
low nibble of the word was 0 (configuring it for a GPIO input, that
the code never uses), then set it up to do PCI signalling.

I'm a little loathe to do this by default, because the docs say that
you have to have terminal resistors on these multifuction pins to use
them as outputs.  However, given that this is the only way I know to
drive the PCI bus, it may make good sense to do it anyway.

Warner