Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 14:53:15 -0500
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        hometeam <hometeam@techpower.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Is 4.0-iso checksum right?  [was: iso-image ]

>The ftp.freebsd.org is extremly slow...I noticed the ftp2.freebsd.org is
>alot faster pipe...Is there a mirror site with the latest 4.0 image that
>is over 4. kbps ?
>

>Will they be moving the iso to ftp2 anytime soon?

I dunno.  ftp3 and ftp5 are the fast ones from where I sit but it hasn't
appeared on either of them yet, either.

The ftp I started on Wednesday just finished today(!) and now the
checksum doesn't match.  :-(   I'm curious if anyone can confirm
that the checksum on the ftp site matches what they downloaded.
I've started a new ftp but that won't help if the checksum listed
is wrong.

Maybe my snail mail set will get here before the ftp copy.  Remember
the (very) old saying:

   "Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station-wagon
    full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

-Mitch