Date:      Mon, 30 Jul 2001 04:06:12 +0100 (BST)
From:      George Reid <greid@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Patrick Li <pat@databits.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ports/29310: Fix bento checksum errors

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Patrick Li wrote:

>  Is it not needed to up PORTREVISION for all
>  checksum chase commits?
>  We = you
>  i would like to see bento stop erroring.
>  changes probabily is so minor that author
>  decided not to make new version.

Having just hacked up a very quick-and-dirty script to compare the
distfiles listed in the Makefile and on ftp.freebsd.org, I would say that
your assertion is entirely false.

I checked the first 9 or so ports listed in your patch and came up with a
diff between old and new tarballs which was 286,839 lines long. That's
hardly minor.