Date:      Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:01:21 -0400
From:      epilogue <epilogue@allstream.net>
To:        Fbayonnj@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: toshiba tecra 8000 and lucent modem

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:22:57 EDT
Fbayonnj@aol.com wrote:

> When trying to connect to the Internet is giving me the message that the
> modem is not connected.  Then I checked on AOL properties and where the
> modem is is giving me the message modem not installed.  This lap top was
> given to me, I don't have the manual that comes with it.  I really don't
> know what type of modem it has.

i see.  well, as it happens, this mailing list's only concern is supporting
the freebsd operating system, of which AOL properties are most certainly
not a part.  i recommend that you contact AOL for support, or perhaps a
friend who knows about configuring internet connections.

good luck getting things set up,
epi

p.s. for more information about freebsd, feel free to visit the site
http://www.freebsd.org