Date:      Mon, 18 Jul 2005 09:37:45 -0700
From:      Maksim Yevmenkin <maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net>
To:        Rainer Goellner <rainer@jabbe.de>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AVM BlueFritz!

Hello,

>> there exists two AVM BlueFRITZ! dongles with different USB product ids:
>>
>>         /* AVM BlueFRITZ! USB */
>>         { USB_DEVICE(0x057c, 0x2200) },
>>
>>         /* AVM BlueFRITZ! USB v2.0 */
>>         { USB_DEVICE(0x057c, 0x3800) },
>>
>> The version 1.0 (with id 0x2200) needs a special driver and also a
>> firmware download to work. The version 2.0 (with id 0x3800) is a
>> standard H:2 dongle. They only didn't set the Bluetooth class for it.
>>
> That's all we need! Thank you very much.
>
> So, Maksim, would you please put the first pair of lines
> into the array of ignored devices, the second one into
> the array of broken devices?
>
> And document that damn thing in ng_ubt(4)!

committed to -current. i will mfc it to releng_5/6  shortly.

emax        2005-07-18 16:34:49 UTC

FreeBSD src repository

Modified files:
    sys/netgraph/bluetooth/drivers/ubt ng_ubt.c
Log:
Add support for AVM BlueFRITZ! USB Bluetooth Adapter v2.0. It appears
that there are at least two versions of the adapter. Version 1 (product
ID 0x2200) of the adapter does not work with ng_ubt(4) and require
special driver and firmware. Version 2 (product ID 0x3800) seems to work
just fine, except it does not have bDeviceClass, bDeviceSubClass and
bDeviceProtocol set to required (by specification) values. This change
forces ng_ubt(4) to attach to the version 2 adapter.

Obtained from:  Marcel Holtmann <marcel at holtmann dot org>
Submitted by:   Rainer Goellner <rainer at jabbe dot de>

Revision  Changes    Path
1.24      +1 -1      src/sys/netgraph/bluetooth/drivers/ubt/ng_ubt.c

thanks,
max