Date:      Sun, 8 Jun 2008 06:31:14 -0700
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Daniel Ponticello <daniel@skytek.it>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel panic on em0/taskq

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 03:07:08PM +0200, Daniel Ponticello wrote:
> Sorry, I did not read well you suggestion ;)
>
> Anyway, the system reboots correctly if I issue the reboot command from
> command line.
> Should i adjust those values anyway?

I'd recommend adjusting them and see if the bug (not automatically
rebooting on panic) changes.  I'm guessing it won't (especially if
reboot(8) works fine), but it's worth trying.

You're the 2nd person I've seen who has reported this problem (re:
FreeBSD not properly rebooting on panic).  The other person:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2008-May/042250.html

I'll add this to my Commonly reported issues Wiki.  As for the problem
itself, sorry, I have no idea what's causing it.