Date:      Tue, 7 Jul 1998 08:44:44 +0900 (JST)
From:      hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        abial@nask.pl, sbabkin@dcn.att.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, hosokawa@ntc.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA disk cards

In article <199807061559.IAA03530@antipodes.cdrom.com>
mike@smith.net.au writes:

>> There are actually a couple of different ways of talking to PCCARD
>> memory devices.  The PAO people have driver support for some PCCARD ATA
>> and CompactFlash devices.  You should talk to Hosakawa-san
>> (hosakawa@freebsd.org) and ask him why he hasn't committed these bits
>> (he said he was going to quite a while back now...)

Hmm that's simply because it does not work on most of laptops that has
internal CD-ROM drive because the ATAPI CD-ROM uses secondary IDE
interface.

I wrote the diff to use ATAPI PCMCIA card at any I/O address, but it
does not work.  This diff has not updated for a few month because I'm
very busy these days.

I'll cvs update the tree and post the diffs against today's -current
again.  Please check the code.

Thanks.

--
HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi