Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 2002 16:02:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Steve Bertrand <steve@svr3.northnetworks.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, steve@northnetworks.ca
Subject:   buildworld fail

Hi all,

I have spent a couple weeks in groups, google, handbook and lists for self-help on this.  I am trying to buildworld on a 4.6.2 machine to RELENG_4.  The cvsup is updating all src and ports and finished successfully.  I reboot to kern.securelevel=-1, #rm -rvf /usr/obj and #cd /usr/src && make buildworld.  It fails miserably everytime here:

cc -fpic -DPIC -O -pipe  -I. -I/usr/src/lib/libncurses -I/usr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/ncurses -I/usr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/include -Wall -DFREEBSD_NATIVE -DNDEBUG -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DTERMIOS  -c /usr/src/lib/libncurses/../../contrib/ncurses/ncurses/tinfo/alloc_entry.c -o alloc_entry.So
cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/lib/libncurses.
*** Error code 1

----

There is no real reason for the upgrade, I simply want the experience.  This is my first attempt of upgrading an FBSD box, and is strictly a development machine.  I also have other production machines that are at 4.5, but can't upgrade them until this one is successful.

Tks!

Steve Bertrand