Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2007 07:04:49 +1100
From:      Jerahmy Pocott <quakenet1@optusnet.com.au>
To:        Roger Olofsson <raggen@passagen.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Difficulties establishing VPN tunnel with IPNAT

Sorry let me clarify..

There are two issues, one is connecting to any external VPN, with no
filter I
can establish a connection to PPTP VPN, but the 'Sonic Wall Global
VPN Client'
still fails to connect even with no filter rules.

The redirect for the CVS server has an ipf rule to allow traffic on
that port, but
users are getting connection refused messages.

I will include my ipf rules, I clearly need some sort of rule to
allow inbound for
the VPN to work, though I think the ipnat is breaking the Sonic Wall
client. Which
is strange because everything worked fine with ipfw/natd.

Here are my ipf rules:

# Allow all in/out on internel interface
pass in  quick on fxp0 all
pass out quick on fxp0 all

# Allow all in/out on loopback interface
pass in  quick on lo0 all
pass out quick on lo0 all

# Allow all out-going on public interface and keep state
pass out quick on fxp1 proto tcp  from any to any flags S keep state
pass out quick on fxp1 proto udp  from any to any keep state
pass out quick on fxp1 proto icmp from any to any keep state

# Block all inbound traffic from non-routable or reserved address spaces
block in quick on fxp1 from 192.168.0.0/16 to any    #RFC 1918
private IP
block in quick on fxp1 from 172.16.0.0/12 to any     #RFC 1918
private IP
block in quick on fxp1 from 10.0.0.0/8 to any        #RFC 1918
private IP
block in quick on fxp1 from 127.0.0.0/8 to any       #loopback
block in quick on fxp1 from 0.0.0.0/8 to any         #loopback
block in quick on fxp1 from 169.254.0.0/16 to any    #DHCP auto-config
block in quick on fxp1 from 192.0.2.0/24 to any      #reserved for docs
block in quick on fxp1 from 204.152.64.0/23 to any   #Sun cluster
interconnect
block in quick on fxp1 from 224.0.0.0/3 to any       #Class D & E
multicast
# Block frags
block in quick on fxp1 all with frags
# Block short tcp packets
block in quick on fxp1 proto tcp all with short
# block source routed packets
block in quick on fxp1 all with opt lsrr
block in quick on fxp1 all with opt ssrr
# Block anything with special options
block in quick on fxp1 all with ipopts
# Block public pings
block in quick on fxp1 proto icmp all icmp-type 8
# Block ident
block in quick on fxp1 proto tcp from any to any port = 113
# Block all Netbios service. 137=name, 138=datagram, 139=session
# Block MS/Windows hosts2 name server requests 81
block in quick on fxp1 proto tcp/udp from any to any port = 137
block in quick on fxp1 proto tcp/udp from any to any port = 138
block in quick on fxp1 proto tcp/udp from any to any port = 139
block in quick on fxp1 proto tcp/udp from any to any port = 81

# Allow CVS access
pass in quick on fxp1 proto tcp/udp from any to any port = 2401

# Logged Blocking Rules #

# Block nmap OS fingerprint attempts
block in log first quick on fxp1 proto tcp from any to any flags FUP

# Block all other in coming traffic
block in log first quick on fxp1 all

Thanks for the help!
J.