Date:      Tue, 30 Jan 2001 11:22:33 -0800 (PST)
From:      The Utz Family <utz@serv.net>
To:        Steven Davidson <sdn@sprintlabs.com>
Cc:        Eraldo Jr <eraldo_j@yahoo.com>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: - i810 in fbsd4.1 RELEASE -

On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Steven Davidson wrote:

> Basically, two steps:
> kldload /modules/agp.ko
>
> and install x11-4.0.2, from a (CVS) updated ports collection.
>
> Or, (maybe) simpler, install a supported video card.
> It will save you more time than the i810 is worth.

geez is it really *that* slow? are we talking 'slow' as in 'quake sux on
it!' or slow as in 'it takes 3 seconds to pop up an xterm'?

the i810e is the only chipset that i am aware of that ships in the bookPC
form factor cases, this is a desirable form factor for me because it's
very tiny and efficient. but it is utterly *unupgradeable* because there
is no room for any cards in the case.

i dont care in the least bit if it's an unacceptable gaming platform,
that's not what i am buying them for. i *would* care if X isnt usable on
it.

tnx!

ps. does anybody know of any duron based bookpc's yet?