Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 2000 09:24:37 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Ben Williams <williamsl@home.com>
Cc:        Theo Bell <freebsd@cfdnet.me.tuns.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netscape

If you're having this problem with other apps also: XFree86 uses
75dpi fonts by default, which look pretty small on high-resolution
screens. You could change it to use 100dpi fonts by default. Edit
/etc/XF86Config, look for the FontPath lines, and change the order of
the following lines
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
    FontPath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
and restart your X server.

Also, you can set up XFree86 to cycle through available
screen resolutions (eg if base is 1024x768, you can also use
800x600 and 640x480) by using the "hot keys" ctrl alt + and
ctrl alt -
Then you can zoom in the entire screen with these hot keys.
Your "virtual desktop" will now be bigger than your physical
screen size and you can move around it with a mouse.