Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 1999 14:16:23 -0700
From:      Anand Ranganathan <anand@blandings.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   netscape on 3.3-RELEASE

I just installed FreeBSD 3.3 off the CD I got from Walnut Creek.
Everything went fine, I'm able to run all my programs, all my software
compiles and runs fine. However I seem to have a problem with running
netscape.

I installed the netscape46-navigator port. I get the following error
when I try to start it:
123 wooster:~> /usr/local/bin/netscape
/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6: minor version -1
older than expected 0, using it anyway
ld.so failed: bad magic number in "/usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6"
124 wooster:~>

I have a similar problem if I try netscape46-communicator also.
Anybody come across this problem or have solutions to it? The uname on
my machine is:

124 wooster:~> uname -a
FreeBSD wooster.jumpdata.com 3.3-RELEASE FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE #0: Mon Sep 27 15:49:24 PDT 1999 anand@wooster.jumpdata.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/WOOSTER  i386
125 wooster:~>