Date:      Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:19:29 +0400
From:      Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
To:        Brian McCann <bjmccann@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, python@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: py27-dbutils-1.1

Hi.

Brian McCann wrote on 08.12.2011 01:14:
> Not sure who this is going to, so I'll say "To whom it may concern".
>
> I'm trying to "make package" for py-dbutils, and it's failing.  It's
> trying to tar up various files in
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/DBUtils", which doesn't exist
> because the make install deleted them when it build the egg file.
> Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work?
>
> --Brian

It's because this port looking for setuptools first:
"""
try:
     from setuptools import setup
except ImportError:
     from distutils.core import setup
"""

So the things will be broken if someone will try to package/install it
in a system where setuptools is installed. Since nobody depends on this
port, I just converted it to setuptools, so problem should be gone.

--
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.