Date:      Wed, 07 Nov 2001 15:01:34 -0800
From:      Flemming Froekjaer <flemming@froekjaer.org>
To:        Tim Erlin <tperlin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mail Client for IMAP

Tim Erlin wrote:

>I'm looking for a mail client that runs happily of
>FreeBSD with Windomaker and supports IMAP. I need to
>be able to create nested folders for storing mail
>locally, rules for sorting mail pulled from the
>server, and an address book component. Favorites?

Why do you want to store mail localy? That defeates the purpos of IMAP.
Filtering should be done on the mail server, and the address book should
also be on the server.
For filtering on the server I use Procmail, but sieve should also be
able to do the job.
The address book could be implemented via LDAP witch most mail clients
support.

Anyway mozilla and netscape can do anything you are asking for.

\Flemming