Date:      Wed, 06 Apr 2005 09:21:52 +0100
From:      Anthony Downer <Anthony.Downer@reuters.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   US and EU Export control codes for FreeBSD

Folks,

Does anyone know if there are such things available for FreeBSD 4.11
Release as US ECCN, EU ECCN, CCATS export control codes?

In order for us to legally export FreeBSD to our own sites we need to
ensure that we do not contravene export controls.
I am trying to confirm is the Wassennar agreement will allow us to
export at least to our own sites, but do not hold out *too* much hope.

We are aware that at one point in time (FreeBSD 4.2) the following codes
existed:
FreeBSD version 4.2
ECCN  # 5D002.a
CCATS # G018802

However, we have been informed that newer versions of software cannot
re-use previous codes.
Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
> --=20
> Anthony Downer=20
> Senior ICT Infrastructure Engineer
> Shared Infrastructure - Servers and Storage
> Reuters=20
>=20
> T:  +44 (0) 20 7542 7964=20
> M:  +44 (0) 77 6993 0529=20