Date:      Fri, 4 Oct 2002 22:29:04 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@wxs.nl>
Subject:   Re: burncd error

Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@wxs.nl> wrote:
 > That did the trick. I wrote a file to the cd and fixate worked correctly.
 > At least I think it did, because when I want to mount the cd to look at
 > it, mount gives me an "invalid argument" error.
 >
 > So my new problem is how to access a cd-rw with data on it.

What kind of file did you write to the CD?  Of course, it
has to be an image of a supported filesystem (usually an
ISO9660 image), otherwise you wouldn't be able to mount it.
You can only mount filesystems.

To create an ISO9660 filesystem image, use mkisofs (from
the ports collection).  Afterwards, use burncd to write
that image to a CD-R or CD-RW.

You can, of course, write an arbitrary file (a .tar file or
whatever) to a CD, but then you can't mount it.  You can
read it back with dd, though.

Regards
   Oliver