Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 21:11:06 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        stijn@win.tue.nl
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: status of Xircom RBEM56

In message: <20020313135037.O59719@pcwin002.win.tue.nl>
            Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl> writes:
: I recently got a laptop with a Xircom RBEM56 card. A generic 4.5-RELEASE
: didn't recognize it however; pccard mumbles something about the card
: "(null)""(null)" not being found in pccard.conf. After reinserting the
: card it correctly says '32 bit CardBus not supported'.

RBEM32 is a cardbus card, if it is the card I think it is.

: After some searching on the web, I found that I need to
: - run -CURRENT
: - compile a kernel from NEWCARD instead of GENERIC
:
: Is the above still true? If so, I'd have to burn myself a -CURRENT release
: CD, then install it and then compile a new kernel before I can use it, which
: is a bit of a long procedure to get into. Can anyone confirm that I'm on
: the right track?

Yes.  Maybe.  Yes.

: Private replies please, I'm not (yet) on the list...

I'm ccing the list too so that people know the answer.

The modem side of things might work (but mine doesn't always).  The
network side of the card should be no problems.

Oh wait, I got an uncommitted hack to sio in my tree.   Committing.

Warner