Date:      Sat, 24 Jul 2004 14:39:22 -0400
From:      Jesse Sheidlower <jester@panix.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnomepanel problem after xorg update

On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 02:18:41PM -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-07-24 at 13:53, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
> > I'm seeing a weird error after upgrading from XFree86 to xorg.
> > Like some other posters, I had a problem with my gnomepanel
> > build dying, but solved it by doing forced recursive upgrades
> > on gnomepanel and libwnck.
> >
> > Right now, everything compiles and installs properly, and my
> > pkgdb is in good shape. However, the panel itself is borked:
> > I do have the workspace switcher, but apps don't minimize into
> > the panel; they just go away (with the animated going-away-into-
> > the-corner thing), and apparently can't be retrieved. There's
> > certainly no place to click to bring them back. But they are
> > still running.
> >
> > I did a forced upgrade of gnomepanel, but with no change. Has
> > anyone seen this, and/or know how to fix it? This is on FreeBSD
> > 4.9, with fully up-to-date Gnome 2.6 ports.
>
> I sent out a HEADS UP on this yesterday on gnome@ and ports@.  You need
> to build libwnck and libklavier.

Yes, I rebuilt both of these (I specified only libwnck above, but I
rebuilt libxklavier as well), and then rebuilt gnomepanel, but the
inability to minimize apps (or, rather, retrieve them) is still there.

Do I need to do further rebuilds, or should these two and then
gnomepanel have taken care of it?

Jesse Sheidlower