Date:      Fri, 2 May 2003 15:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Miller <ctodd@netgate.net>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSROOT missing even after using cvsroot-all

> [ this has nothing to do with -CURRENT so I have removed it from CC: ]

sorry, the announcment of modifying the supfile to include cvsroot-all was
made there...

> It looks like you have confused the CVS repository (normally /home/ncvs)
> and the checked out tree (normally /usr/src). I think CVSROOT should be
> set to /home/ncvs but I have never tried to make a release so I'm not
> really sure.

I thought that, but the only difference in the supfile is :

*default release=cvs

vs.

*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_7

and the directory /home/ncvs.

If I'm trying to build a 4.7 release, wouldn't the cvs-supfile cause the
5.x srcs to be checked out? If not, then why would I want a duplicate src
tree in /home/ncvs when I already have one in /usr/src? It seems that all
I'm missing is the CVSROOT directory.

Thanks for the help.

Chris