Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:16:09 -0800
From:      "Kahn" <kahn@deadbbs.com>
To:        "'Herbert (Matrix)'" <herb@matrix.com.br>, "'Gene Harris'" <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: crypto.1

> Hi,

Hello.

> Thanks for your attention.

No problem-o.

> Ports upgraded, same error with different version...
>
> Specifically the Skipping...s below, why the port
> try to find it on directories like:
>
> ===>   apache+php+mod_ssl-1.3.11+3.0.14+2.5.0 depends on
> file: /usr/local/lib/libexpat.a - not found
> ===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/lib/libexpat.a in
> /usr/ports/textproc/expat
>      >> No directory for /usr/local/lib/libexpat.a.  Skipping..
>
> /usr/ports/textproc/expat
>
> they aren't there... Im thinkin now (I try to think
> sometimes) should I upgrade every port? It will
> work if I do?

What I did.

On my dev box (3.3-release) I have downloaded and installed all of the ports
by hand. I did not download the ports tree via /stand/sysinstall.

Everything worked.

On my production box (3.3-release) I used the ports tree. Oops. The same
exact problem.

Not until reading this tread did I realise what had happened.

> Or my troubles begins with BSD installation?

You are a very bad person for even thinking that.  :-)

Good luck and God's speed...

Erin

mailto:kahn@deadbbs.com
http:\\www.deadbbs.com