Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:58:37 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Radu MOLNAR <taipan@hawat.cc.ubbcluj.ro>
To:        Henrik W Lund <henrik.w.lund@broadpark.no>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anjuta and libtools problem

--0-204496073-1089961117=:3949

> [...]
>> I then created an empty ./ltconfig file inside the Project directory.
>> This fixed the Autogen process, but the build is nevertheless broken.
>> When I build a wizard generated test project, I get the following messag=
e:
>>=20
>> ../libtool: Can't open ../libtool: No such file or directory
>>=20
>> I do believe him that there is no ../libtool. So I tried to change
>> ./ltconfig to contain a line emitting where I have libtool installed, li=
ke
>> so
>>=20
>> #!/bin/sh
>> echo /usr/local/bin
>>=20
>> and another version
>>=20
>> #!/bin/sh
>> echo /usr/local/bin/libtool15
>>=20
>> however, to no avail. I also tried symlinking libtool to different=20
>> versions
>> like libtool13 and libtool15, and also copying a libtool executable to .=
=2E/
>> relative to the project directory, nothing works.
>>=20
>>=20
>> Now I am clueless. Has anyone running Anjuta-1.2.2 on FreeBSD?
>> Might be worth noting that I run xFce, not the complete Gnome package.
>>=20
>> -chris
>>=20
> Greetings!
>
> I'm the one that posted the original inquiry regarding my libtool problem=
s,=20
> and I think you're experiencing a different kind of problem. It seems to =
me=20
> that your Anjuta does not properly create your project. Why this is, I do=
 not=20
> know. Did you install Anjuta from ports, or did you download the sources =
off=20
> of its website? If the latter is true, it may be that whatever generates =
the=20
> scripts (or maybe even the scripts themselves) have hardcoded linuxisms i=
n=20
> them.
>
> After creating a fresh project (any error messages notwithstanding), what=
's=20
> in the project directory? Could you give an ls of it? And where do you pl=
ace=20
> your project directories? ~/Projects is the default, if I recall correctl=
y.=20
> I'm thinking that since the files obviously aren't created it might be a=
=20
> permission problem. Just exhausting the possibilities here. :-)
>
> I did find the solution to my initial problem, by the way. I posted a=20
> follow-up in reply to myself, but I guess you've already read that.

I also have the same problem that you say you found the solution to but i=
=20
dont know how to pass the cpu-manufacturer-os-kernel argument to the=20
configure script. I get the error that you mentioned in your script when i=
=20
try to create a project. So at that stage how come there exists a=20
configure script? And also you said autogen.sh creates the configure=20
script. Isn't that file (autogen.sh) also created only then, when i create=
=20
the project? I dont know much (about anything) about the auto* stuff so=20
that's why my questions could be really stupid. I would also want to=20
configure everything from the gui if possible to make it as painless as=20
possible if you know how.

Thanks
Radu