Date:      Fri, 7 Jul 2000 09:57:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Damon Hammis <squirrel@hammis.com>
To:        Sverre Valgeirsson <sverrev@axis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot problem

If it's a pci card then the isa part isn't needed, so device ed0 should
work fine.  I had an ne2000 pci nic in my pc for a while with no problems.
As far as the IRQ conflict goes, there should be a setting in your bios to
disable the IRQ for the graphics card.  It's not needed and just chews up
IRQs anyways.  Also, if it was an IRQ conflict then there would be a
message saying so during boot and FreeBSD wouldn't initialize the card at
all.

Have you tried booting the system without the card and seeing if that
helps?

--Damon