Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:15:01 +1100
From:      Alex <panadol@primus.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sendmail problems

hi,
	im having problems with my freebsd servers mail delivery.
its running on freebsd 2.2.2 and Sendmail 8.8.5/8.8.5.
the machine it self wont send mail although it will receave it. the mail
will just sit in the queue waiting and if a 'netstat' is done its shown as
something like this:

tcp        0      0  203.18.228.169.2123    mail02.iprimus.c.smtp  SYN_SENT

each peice of mail in the queue sits in there and is shown in the netstat
exactly the same but it wont send,

in the logs i get an error like (/var/log/maillog):

Feb 21 01:55:17 cpe sendmail[509]: IAA09785:
to=<snadj@tdglogistics.com.au>, ctladdr=<iand@cpe.net.au> (1006/5555),
delay=2+17:46:01, xdelay=00:01:30, mailer=esmtp,
relay=server3.syd.mail.ozemail.net. [203.108.7.41], stat=Deferred: No route
to host

ive tryed shutting down all my services like killing inetd and other
process that bind to ports that wont shutdown with inetd (like squid and
apache) then killing and restarting sendmail with a command like 'sendmail
-bd -q1m' it all restarts but the mail still wont send and goes back to
exactly how it was.

mail is recived fine and all other services are running perfectly. also
mail sent internaly its fine, IE, if i send mail to a user on the machine
it sends fine. like the daily reports send to root they send fine along
with all other internal mail.

any help would be greatly appricated

thanks alot

regards