Date:      27 Dec 95 19:36:49 EST
From:      <Chris_Brent@orixnrdpo1.ccmail.compuserve.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   PCI bus on a Compaq Prolinea466

---------------------------- Forwarded with Changes ---------------------------
From: Chris Brent at ORIXNRDPO1
Date: 12/18/95 6:43PM
To: questions@freebsd.org at CSERVE
Author:  Chris Brent at ORIXNRDPO1
Date:    18/12/95 6:43 PM

     Hi, I'm trying to install FreedBSD 2.0.5 R2 from CD onto a Compaq
     Prolinea 466. I managed to make a boot floppy and tried to boot it.
     Once the kernel got to probing the pci0 bus I got a pci Multimedia
     [NOT supported] and the boot got no further. Now I also have an old
     Compaq file server so I tried running it up on that. It works okay.
     Now can I recomplile the kernel to not probe the pci bus then get this
     onto a floppy and run the install procedure?
     Thanks in advance,
        Chris :P