Date:      Tue, 8 Apr 2003 12:59:23 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Igor Sysoev <is@rambler-co.ru>
To:        Tor.Egge@cvsup.no.freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MFC: Sync new socket nonblocking/async state with file flags in accept()

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 Tor.Egge@cvsup.no.freebsd.org wrote:

> mysql changes the listen socket to nonblocking state after the
> select() but before the accept().  Without this MFC, the file flags
> will indicate that the new socket is nonblocking but read() will still
> block.

Yes.  The problem is really exists as you has decribed.
And if a listen socket is made nonblocking just before select() then
a new accept()ed socket is nonblocking too.

But I do not understand one thing (it's not question to you) - why at all
the mysql folks set nonblocking state after this select() but not before
bind() ?

Igor Sysoev
http://sysoev.ru/en/